Nebraska State Broadband Plan Vision
Nebraska's Broadband Vision is that every resident, business, government entity, community partner, and visitor has access to affordable broadband service and the necessary skills to effectively utilize broadband technologies, if they choose.
Increase household adoption of broadband
- Over 90% of households statewide will subscribe to broadband by 2020.
- 85% of households in rural Nebraska will subscribe to broadband by 2020.
Increase broadband availability
- Broadband service of 25 Mbps down will be available to 90% of households by 2020.
- Broadband service of 1 gbps down available to 25% of households by 2020.
- Encourage investment in Nebraska’s telecommunications infrastructure.
- Enhance the capacity of local communities to address broadband development.
- Encourage the development of a skilled IT workforce.
- Support innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Support the use of broadband technologies in businesses and agriculture.
- Support the development of libraries as community anchor institutions.
- Support the use of broadband in education and health care.
- Support the use of broadband by government and public safety entities.
- Support efforts to attract new residents and retain youth.
- Increase digital literacy and broadband access to the Internet.
Learn more and take action to bring broadband to your area.
Is broadband available?
Review the Nebraska Broadband Map
See what broadband services are available in your town or region in Nebraska. The data for the map was collected from broadband service providers, anchor institutions and residents of Nebraska.View the Map
Is your community leveraging broadband?
Review the Broadband Community Planning Workbook.
Learn how your community is currently utilizing broadband and identify ways in which broadband can enhance or develop opportunities. Click here to see if your community is ready to leverage broadband.View the Workbook