Suggested Planning Process: A Guide for the Chair or Facilitator
This section suggests a process, which can be used as a guide to assess a community/region’s e-readiness and to develop a plan to use broadband applications to enhance development opportunities.
The data included in this section is provided to help communities/regions understand how they compare to statewide and national benchmarks in several areas regarding the use of information technology.
Technology Trends for Communities
Is your community/region aware of technology trends and developing ways to leverage these trends? Here are ten trends communities/regions need to know:
- Communication methods are changing.
- Broadband is going mobile.
- Online video gains momentum.
- Services move online; public access is critical.
- Location-based services know where you are.
- Cloud computing is changing service models.
- IT workforce availability lags behind demand.
- Health IT is expected to improve patient care.
- Tablets and ereaders are growing in popularity.
- It is a more open and collaborative world.