The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) allows constituents to provide a challenge to the national broadband map. If you are interested in contributing to the Federal map, please go into the new FCC National Broadband map (https://broadbandmap.fcc.gov/home)
, and complete the following steps:
- Click on the “Location” option in the middle of the screen (or put in an address). (You will need to zoom in far enough so that you don’t see hexagons any longer).
- Zoom into the areas where the buildings are located that you are seeking broadband service. (You will need to zoom in far enough so that you don’t see hexagons any longer).
- If there is a point where you see the location of the facilities, determine whether it is green or gray.
- Determine if the providers that show up when you click on the dot can indeed serve that location.
- If gray, and you believe the location should be able to receive broadband, or there is no dot, click on “Location Challenge” and follow the instructions.
If you have questions on this, please send an email to the Nebraska Broadband Office at NDOT.Broadband@nebraska.gov and they will be in touch with you.